Location: BioCity, Newhouse, Motherwell
£9.00 per hour (higher depending on experience)
Full-time for 6 months initially (with potential for permanent)
Closing date: 15 May 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
Novosound is the first spin-out company to emerge from the University of the West of Scotland, closing its seed investment of £1.5 million. Novosound were the winners of the 2017 Converge Challenge, and have developed and patented a ground-breaking technique to mass-manufacture novel, printed, ultrasound sensors to the industrial inspection, medical imaging and dental imaging markets.
Commonly known for its use in maternity wards and other hospital departments, ultrasound imaging can also be extensively applied in industrial settings as a safe non-destructive testing (NDT) technique. In the oil and gas industry, for example, Novosound’s new, low-cost, “fit-and-forget” sensors will be fixed along a pipeline to detect potential cracks and faults before they become critical; a problem that has been well-publicised recently for operators in the sector.
This revolutionary method overcomes the limitations of existing technology, improving a manufacturing process, which hasn’t majorly changed in more than 40 years.
Named as one of Scotland’s Top 10 Start-Ups in 2018 and a winner of Scottish EDGE Round 12, Novosound will continue to drive their growth plan, allowing them to expand an already-experienced team, and bring its cutting-edge ultrasound sensors to market.
To learn more about Novosound, visit their website.
Novosound is looking for an Office Administration Assistant to provide comprehensive administration support to their dynamic team. You will support in a variety of tasks including maintenance of accounting software, organising key meetings (onsite and offsite), and arrange travel itineraries.
Your key activities will include the following:
• Assist with daily office administration functions, liaising with the members of the team as required
• Assist with the maintenance of all office documentation and general filing
• Support the preparation and maintenance of the data room and due diligence systems
• Be the first port of call for all incoming enquiries and contact by telephone, email etc.
• Support the preparation and use of master template documentation and ensure corporate identity and brand guidelines are maintained throughout the company
• Receive and direct external visitors
• Maintenance of personnel files & related HR documents
• Maintain all office stationery supplies and ensure facilities are in good working order and to arrange for service and repairs as necessary
• Other reasonable tasks that are within your skills and capabilities wherever reasonably instructed
• Maintain company holiday records
• Maintenance of both Purchase and Sales Ledgers on SAGE 50 or similar accounting software
• Raising sales invoices, processing purchase invoices and reconciling transactions on SAGE 50 or similar accounting software
• Assist with all aspects of credit control
• Support the team to arrange meetings and board papers
• Take minutes at meetings including board and advisory panels
• Arrange meeting room bookings and catering requirements for meetings
• Support the team in the preparation of data and information for meetings using Microsoft packages
• Make hotel and travel bookings for external visitors where appropriate
• Assist with all aspects of all travel requirements including air and ground transportation, hotel reservations, visas (including geographical awareness) and other travel documentation
There is tremendous potential for professional progression in this role, and a contract extension following the 6-month probationary period is expected for the right candidate.
This role requires someone who will demonstrate initiative, self-motivation and impeccable organisation skills with a genuine interest in supporting the team. As you’ll be the first point of contact for Novosound, you’ll be a real people-person committed to customer care with an excellent professional manner over the phone.
You may apply whatever your academic background, so long as you can prove you have the skills and experience to do the job.
As a startup company, they’re looking for someone who is passionate about their work and excellent at working well under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
• An excellent command of both written and spoken English and strong numerical skills are required. (Higher Grade in Mathematics and English or equivalent qualification)
• Intermediate or greater level of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint proficiency
• Enthusiasm to work in a Startup environment
• Highly organised with core time management skills
• A flexible approach, adaptable, and dedicated nature, high level of initiative and solutions-focused mentality
• Ability to handle multiple tasks / projects and deadlines simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail
• Outstanding organisation skills and strong attention to detail with a methodical approach to work
• A high level of motivation and a strong work ethic with the ability to work on your own initiative in a startup business
• Financial experience
• Intermediate or greater level of proficiency with Google Drive
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 15 May 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and Covering Letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.