Location: Broxburn (near Edinburgh)
£18,000 - £20,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Closing date: 15 Jul 2019, 12 noon
Interview date: w/c 22 July 2019
This is great opportunity to join a growing startup on a variety of projects and responsibilities. This role would suit an enthusiastic people-person with an entrepreneurial spirit, ready to grow in a supportive team.
- The AAI Team
About the Company
“Why Ooni? Because everyone deserves great pizza.
Ooni pizza ovens can make phenomenal pizza in just 60 seconds. Whaaaaaaaat?! (if you think that’s too many ‘a’s then you ain’t seen an Ooni in action).
In 2012 we made the world’s first portable pizza oven. It costs £199 and makes amazing pizzas in 60 seconds. Since then we’ve won the hearts, minds and stomachs of pizza fans around the world.
Now we’re selling all over the world; America, John Lewis, the internet. EVERYWHERE! We’re fired up! A super-modest, multi-award winning company.
Some facts about the company:
● We’re growing really really fast and have no plans to slow down
● We’ve built a lovely new office in Broxburn. We have 2 staff kitchens and a Nintendo. Our Christmas tree this year was about a 14-footer. ‘Wowee she’s a beaut’ they all said.
● We’re now up to 51 in the whole team. That was 28 this time last year and only 8 the year before that. It’s fun meeting so many new people.
To read more about us and how we make great pizza, visit our website."
Ooni is looking for an Office and People Support to join our fast-growing team based in Broxburn.
Your job will include the following:
● Supporting your line manager with employer branding and recruitment - taking on responsibility for our recruitment inbox and showing the world just how awesome it is to work here! We owe it to our future employees. Don’t let them down!
● Pitching in with the management of social media platforms e.g.
Tweeting/Instagramming/Facebooking that it’s our 3rd pizza party of the week or that Jura the Hawk has popped in for lunch and no, we don't eat hawks… we just like to hang out with them!
● Helping to make our company people strategy a reality and managing the people pipeline - people and pizza power Ooni!
● You’ll help with new team member inductions, including ordering equipment and setting up laptops, organising desk space and creating an Ooni warm welcome! You’re our smiling frontline.
● You’ll support with all Ooni happenings. In house photoshoots, pizza testing, prepping for board
meetings, on and off-site activities like training days and celebrations. There’s loads going on all the time and it’s your job to make sure it runs smoothly.
● You’ll help with planning, prep and delivery of on and off-site activities as required, such as meetings, training days and celebrations.
● You’ll support with travel arrangements. This team moves!
● You’ll be the first point of contact for meeting and greeting visitors, both on the phone and in person. A big friendly smile is a must!
● You’ll arrange our food deliveries, Amazon requests, stationery and office equipment purchases, and manage any issues and arrange repairs as necessary.
● Help with general ad-hoc administrative duties - daily incoming and outgoing post, scanning, printing, filing, cleaning, organising office space. Including liaising with external contacts for our HQ.
● Salary £18k - 20k, based on experience.
● A free Ooni pizza oven when you start and a 50% discount on any other Ooni products.
● £500 each year to spend on your passion – whatever that may be. So far our team have used theirs
for NFL games in Miami and NBA games in New York, pizza classes in Naples and wellbeing retreats by some trees. And Katie from Ops bought a golden retriever puppy called Riley and he comes in to visit us sometimes.
● Great pizza every single day if you want it. Seriously. Every. Single. Day.
● Weekly yoga classes
● Pension scheme and cycle to work scheme.
● A half day off for your birthday. Yay!
● We’ll teach you to become a pizza master.
*Ooni LOVE learning and for the right candidate, there is a possibility that this position can become a Business Administration apprenticeship working towards your SVQ qualifications.
Because this thing’s really growing arms and legs and we need you to put on your organising hat and your dynamism shorts and swing your get-shit-done hammer and take control of the really vital small stuff that makes Ooni tick. Your boundless enthusiasm and acute problem-solving ninja skills will mean you can turn your hand to whatever the day brings - whether it’s greeting guests and making dough, or contributing to any number of ongoing projects. You’re a quick learner, so nothing phases you, and you’ve always got a cunning plan up your sleeve!
If you can wow us anywhere close to how an Ooni-baked Margherita can wow our neighbours then we’ll definitely want to talk to you.
Ooni’s values: Passion, Rigour, Innovation, Ambition and Kindness.
We really do live by them and demand them in everything we do. It ain’t just corporate mumbo jumbo to us. See how they’re capitalised to show how important they are?
As the first point of contact for Ooni, you’ll be a real people person committed to customer care with an excellent professional manner over the phone. As a start-up company, we're looking for someone who is passionate about our work and excellent at working well under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
Apply if you:
● Have great communication and people skills (including spoken and written English)
● Are balanced, professional and friendly with positive energy
● Have great attention to detail
● Are hard working and efficient
● Are calm under pressure and able to handle multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
with meticulous attention to detail
● Have knowledge of email and google docs/spreadsheets, though training will be provided
● Have good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint proficiency
● Enthusiasm to work in a busy office environment
● Highly organised with core time management skills
Individuals from any degree background are welcome to apply for this role. The most important aspects of the right person is that you will live up to our values, be able to demonstrate initiative, self-motivation and have impeccable organisation skills with a genuine interest in supporting our team. Experience in HR, admin, office management or marketing would be beneficial, but more important is personality and cultural fit.
If this is you, don't delay in applying.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact
email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 15 July 2019, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on week commencing Monday 22 July 2019.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our
website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.