Location: Remote working from home
Furlough Volunteer Post
Hours to be negotiated
Apply by 25 May 2020
Important: this initiative is a not-for-profit organisation, and this role would ideally suit a person who is currently furloughed from their regular employment, but still wants to use their skills to have a positive impact. The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme states that furloughed workers may volunteer their time and skills to projects such as SCQF.
Please note that the application process for this and other volunteering opportunity is slightly different from our usual form. See "Application" section below..
The SCQF has been at the centre of Scottish education since its inception in 2001. It has evolved over the years and now contains over 11,500 qualifications owned by around 300 different organisations. However, its uses go far beyond just helping individuals understand qualifications. It can support employers in effective recruitment and workforce development and also provides a means of identifying an individual’s level of experiential and non-formal learning. The SCQF represents quality in the Scottish education system and clearly underpins key government strategies focused on developing an education and skills system that is fit for Scotland in the 21st Century.
About the SCQF Partnership
The SCQF is managed by the SCQF Partnership.
Our aims are to:
• ensure that, where appropriate, all assessed learning and qualifications in Scotland are recognised on the Framework;
• extend the recognition of informal and non-formal learning;
• promote the Framework as a tool for Lifelong Learning;
• develop relationships with other frameworks internationally to improve learner mobility.
SCQF training and development opportunities have traditionally been delivered face-to-face onsite. This has been very successful, with a high level of engagement and attendance at training events.
The current pandemic and its associated restrictions have highlighted the need to provide support around learning and development remotely through digital channels. This necessitates work on converting training materials and plans that work well in person to content and delivery methodologies that are suitable for online delivery. The volunteer will therefore be engaged in this transformative work on existing resources.
Important - this initiative is a not-for-profit organisation, and this role would ideally suit a person who is currently furloughed from their regular employment, but still wants to use their skills to have a positive impact. The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme states that furloughed workers may volunteer their time and skills to non-revenue generating projects, such as SCQF.
You will suit this role if you love the potential of technology to support learning, and the detail of how that can be harnessed. You’ll be able to demonstrate the following:
• qualification/background related to either computing, multimedia/digital production & design, education, educational technology
• experience of collaborating on and designing engaging e-learning
• experienced in creating online training videos and live interactive training
• ability to take existing traditional in-classroom training and adapt to online delivery
• project management skills
• experience in PowerPoint
• preferably experienced in producing online learning for delivery on Zoom, Microsoft Teams or similar
• familiarity with GDPR and security constraints when delivering online training
• writing, communication time management etc skills
You should be comfortable with being able to commit to the hours you agree to volunteer to support the organisation.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as their capacity is currently over-stretched.
We understand that as a furloughed worker, you may not have an up-to-date CV. We will therefore accept a CV or a Linkedin profile (send us a link). In addition, please forward a short cover letter explaining your interest in the role, your skills and your recent employment history. Send in an email, titled Online Learning and Development Project with SCQF (Furlough Volunteer Role) to email@example.com (opens in new tab) by 25/05/2020.
Suitable candidates will be invited to a Zoom call to discuss the role and the work of SCQF in more detail.
Please feel welcome to share this with anyone who might be interested!