£9.30 per hour
Full time, 35 hours per week for 3 months
(although flexible working can also be considered)
Closing date: 5 March 2020, 12 noon
This is a Scottish Government funded project aimed at supporting the development of inclusive practice in recruitment and employment of women from black and ethnic minority communities across the country. This vacancy is an important part of the Diversity Works project.
About the Company
From Edinburgh, London and The Hague our Investment professionals manage £37.4 billion* on behalf of UK and international clients, including pension funds, financial institutions, charities, wealth managers, family offices and individuals. We have capabilities in fixed income, equities, property, cash and multi-asset investing and invest to meet a range of client objectives, including growth, income, total return and absolute return. We are also a global leader in sustainable investing. *Source: Kames Capital AUM as at 30 June 2019.
People are fundamental to the success of Kames Capital. By promoting individual accountability and strong teamwork, we are able to give all of our people the freedom to get on with doing what they do best, whether the individual’s function is financial, technical or creative.
More company information can be found here: www.kamescapital.com
We are looking for an Operations Administrator to work with our AAM Operations team based at our Edinburgh Park offices. In this role you will support the members of the Operations Leadership team. In your role as Operations Administrator you will be involved in a wide variety of work:
• Providing administrative support to the COO Leadership team
• Managing COO travel arrangements, reservations, currency and expenses as required, on behalf of the entire COO area
• Organising and co-ordinating meetings, including oversight of equipment and facilities, as well as distribution/collation of relevant papers.
• Setting up conference and Skype video calls.
• Minute taking, ensuring meeting papers are copied and distributed within agreed timescales.
• Managing & controlling the COO filing system and information retrieval.
There is flexibility in relation to the working pattern. Part-time work can be considered.
The following skills and experience are desirable:
• Proven experience in secretarial positions, ideally in an investment/financial environment.
• Excellent communication, team & interpersonal skills, with proven ability to interact professionally with people at all levels.
• Confident, self-assured, assertive and friendly.
• High level of competence in Word, Excel and Power Point
As part of the Scottish Government’s Workplace Equality agenda, this opportunity is aimed at empowering growing companies through the engagement of talented women from a BME background. If this sounds too good to miss, we want to hear from you.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not contact Kames Capital directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 5 March 2020, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI EmployAbility online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.