£16,250 per annum
Full time for 6 months
Start date: October 2019
Closing date: 30 August 2019
About the Company
“Established in Edinburgh in 2004, Absolute Escapes is an award-winning specialist in self-guided walking holidays in the UK and Ireland and tailor-made travel to Scotland, England and Wales.
Our first-hand knowledge and meticulous attention to detail is key to exceeding the expectations of our clients from around the world. By listening carefully to our clients’ requirements and planning fabulous itineraries where the logistics work, we allow people to hold onto their spirit of adventure no matter how busy their lives have become.
We’re never so lost in logistics that we forget that our holidays allow people to spend precious time reconnecting with nature, with each other, and rejuvenating. Each holiday we book is as individual as the person it is created for.
We have worked tirelessly to gain our first-class reputation, and we were proud to be named as an AITO Tour Operator of the Year in 2017.
Why Work For Us?
• Induction familiarisation trip for new employees
• Monthly social nights including a company allowance towards entertainment
• Employee discounts for personal car hire, Calmac ferries, Rabbie's Tours, Cotswold Outdoors, Tiso, Jacobite Steam Train, Scotch Whisky Experience, and much more
• Fresh fruit deliveries / Tassimo coffee machine
• Be part of company volunteering days such as tree planting in the Scottish Borders
• Flexible working hours
• Genuine potential for career advancement. Over 50% of our current team started with us as interns and now enjoy these additional benefits as permanent employees:
* Performance-based bonus scheme
* Annual research trips which in the past have included Cornwall, Shetland, the Outer Hebrides, and walking the West Highland Way. Regular research trips ensure we stay two steps ahead of our competitors
* Access to LinkedIn Learning with over 13,000 expert-led courses to help our team expand their knowledge and flourish in their roles”
To learn more about Absolute Escapes, please visit their website here.
As part of Absolute Escape’s continued growth plans, they are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and professional individual who is passionate about travel and the outdoors to join the team as an Operations Assistant Intern.
The role will play an integral part in delivering all aspects of the walking holidays and tailor-made tours that Absolute Escapes provide for their UK and international clients. You will be involved in every aspect of the operational side of the business and will assist in exceeding customers’ expectations and in the future success of Absolute Escapes.This position is for a 6 month period and would suit a current undergraduate or recent graduate looking to gain experience with an industry-leading travel company.
• Managing the entire customer experience from enquiry through to post-trip follow-up
• Making reservations with accommodation, transport and other service providers
• Ensure bookings are efficiently processed and client requests are met
• Dealing with client issues arising before, during and after their holiday
• Provide general administrative support to all business functions and ad hoc duties to assist in the running of the office
Absolute Escapes is ideally looking for an individual educated to degree level but welcomes applications from both undergraduates and graduates looking to gain some valuable experience within the travel industry.
This role would suit someone with a keen interest in travel and the outdoors, as well as a good knowledge of Scotland, who is looking to develop a career in the travel industry.
You should be able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• A demonstrated passion for travel, walking and the outdoors, and knowledge of Scotland as a tourism destination. Everyone on the Absolute Escapes team is handpicked for their love of exploration
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate clearly and professionally with the general public by email and telephone
• Excellent organisation skills
• Attention to detail is essential. The team have gained a dependable reputation through an almost nerdy love of planning
• A strong commitment to excellent customer service and exceeding expectations. Absolute Escapes strive to turn everybody who contacts us into a raving fan
• A real people person who loves interacting with a variety of people on a daily basis and enjoys working as part of a team
• Great selling and negotiation skills
• A high level of motivation and a strong work ethic with the ability to work on your own initiative, in a small entrepreneurial business
• Problem-solving skills and an ability to think outside the box
• Excellent computer skills
• An excellent command of both written and spoken English and strong numerical skills are essential
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 30 August 2019.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website.
In your Cover Letter, Absolute Escapes would like you to describe your favourite place in Scotland.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date.
State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.