Location: Edinburgh, remote working initially
£££ competitive salary
Full-time post, for 15 months
Mid/end October start
Closing date: Monday 21 September 2020, 12 noon
If you're an aspiring Learning & Development professional looking for a great opportunity to get solid experience with a global organisation then this is the opportunity for you. An environment where hard work is met with recognition and supported autonomy to deliver what's needed is the perfect place to challenge yourself. Get in touch through email@example.com for more details.
About the Company
Our client is a dynamic and long-established, global investment management firm with a worldwide presence and headquarters in Edinburgh.
With a focus on the importance of analysis and research, the organisation has a reputation for looking after its people and its customers to a gold standard level. More interested in long-term goals and sustainable growth than short-term quick-wins, the organisation prizes well thought through approaches to all its activities. Rigour and informed debate underpin all of its decision-making processes, ensuring that employees and customers alike are treated as equal parties in a mutually beneficial relationship.
To find out more please get in touch with us through firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of this post is to support the Operational Learning & Development team to deliver its responsibilities across the wider business. As part of the central operations function of the organisation, they are responsible for creating technical training and helping to build business knowledge across investment operations and client-facing operational departments.
Working closely with the other members of a small, close-knit team, you will be required to provide effective, efficient learning and development support and delivery to the operational areas.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
• Assisting with the organisation and delivery of all aspects of technical training
• Scheduling and coordination of technical training across the operational areas
• Planning of secondments, placements and induction for investment operation graduates
• Producing Management Information and statistics, as required
• Organisation of conference attendance for the operational areas, including gathering feedback from the conference attendees
This is a great opportunity to be part of a hard-working yet supportive team within a world-class professional environment.
The ideal person will be a confident and well-motivated individual, with an interest and some experience in the field of learning and development. Your specific academic background will be less important than your ability to demonstrate that you can fulfil the requirements of the post and fit in with the team. We need people who demonstrate that they fulfil the following criteria:
• Administration experience in a business environment
• An understanding of the principles of skills and knowledge development, and the delivery of this in a business setting
• Ability to work as part of a small team and have the ability to work autonomously, when required
• Ability to build professional rapport quickly and effectively
• Able to deal proactively with changing business needs and priorities
• Well-developed organisational skills
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• The ability to communicate well with a range of profession people
• A high level of focus on meeting customer needs
• A good level of technical competence in the wider Microsoft suite of office software.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Monday 21 September 2020, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI Employability online application form on our website. You'll need to contact us first to find out more about the employer to be able to do this.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.