Admin and Procurement / Buying Assistant with DDS Supplies / Kynesis

DDS Supplies is a small owner managed distribution / trader business with 23 years experience, operating mainly in the UK and wider Europe.

Location: Glasgow
£7.85 per hour for 6 months, potential for permanent position for the right candidate. Full-time, 37.5 hours per week.
January start. 

The majority of this role (around 80%) will be working within DDS Supplies. The remaining 20% is to provide administrative assistance to the other business based in the Bearsden office and to the owner/director of Kynesis Coaching.

As a procurement and buying assistant your main roles will include:
• Maintaining up-to-date price lists for product ranges per supplier and customer using margins based on supplier prices, haulage costs and retail prices
• Ensuring all product bar codes are correct and easily identifiable
• Organise deliveries/collections always liaising with the appropriate transport company
• Setting up computer systems that ensure maximum accuracy and efficiency on stock management, delivery schedules, setting up new accounts/ payments from customers and to suppliers (send invoices received from suppliers)
• Reviewing, proofing and producing marketing materials and promotions in the “house-style” to support business development activities
• Web presence maintenance, including social marketing to raise the profile of the company, but also to ensure our e-marketing approach matches the style and ethos of the company as well as maximising the professional and commercial image.
• Answering telephone callers professionally and handling all callers in a way that reflects the company culture.
• General office support for the Directors. This includes arranging travel, diary scheduling, making appointments, office organisation in terms of stationary, filing etc.

Other administration duties will include:
• Travel and event organisation
• Preparing workshop materials
• Database upkeep.


The ideal intern will be educated to degree level with a background in business and/or marketing, though applicants from any degree background will be welcomed.
You will be computer savvy and confident using social media. A fast learner, you will be adaptable and flexible, able to prioritise and manage your own workload. The successful individual will be a confident communicator, both in person and over the phone, as well as in writing. You will have a pleasant and professional manner with a strong attention to detail.


Closing date for applications is 18 December, 5pm.

Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.