Our online content is not just aimed at Reablement workers but is useful for those carers who may take over the care of some partially reabled clients who will need to maintain the gains by knowing when to ‘do for’ and when to ‘do with’.
- Create a shared understanding of what is meant by the term reablement
- Understand the benefits and drawbacks of independence
- Describe the merits and demerits of; ‘doing for’, ‘doing with’ and ‘not doing’.
- Discuss the principles of sensible risk management
- Identify the: physical, psychological, social & spiritual blockages that can impede recovery
- Appreciate how respecting personal choices increases motivation
- Learn how to deal with resistance
- Explore what interventions increase personal confidence
- Demonstrate how to give effective feedback
- Create a person-centred reablement care plan