£22,432 per annum
Full-time, 35 hours per week, fixed term until 31 March 2020
Occasional work may be required out-with normal office hours
Closing date: 8 April 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
The Royal Society of Edinburgh (RSE), Scotland’s National Academy, is an educational charity that provides public benefit throughout Scotland through a diverse range of activity including awarding research funding, informing public policy and delivering events across Scotland to inspire knowledge and learning. The RSE is on a journey of change to enhance its impact and reach and has an exciting opportunity for a research awards officer to support the delivery of the Research Awards and Grants programme.
The main aim of this role is to support the delivery of the RSE research awards and grants programme. Working closely with, and reporting to, the Research Awards Team Leader, your key responsibilities in this role will be to:
• Administer award applications received and made
• Capture impact information which evaluates the success of awards made
• Maintain the awards sections of the RSE website and the awards record management system
• Support promotional activities for RSE research awards
• Support the organisation of award presentations and events
• Continually seek ways to improve the way RSE administer its awards and engages with its awardees and stakeholders
A PDF with a more in-depth description of each responsibility can be found here.
The successful intern will be educated to degree level and posses excellent communication skills along with the “key behaviours and skills” that RSE expect of their staff (please refer to linked PDF above).
• Experience of research awards / grants administration
• Excellent planning, organising and communication skills
• Ability to set priorities and work to tight deadlines under pressure
• Experience of working with assessment panels / committees
• Ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality
• Confident IT skills particularly in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
• Confident using LinkedIn and content management systems to update the RSE website
• Attention to detail and ability to work with integrity and confidentiality
• A willingness to learn and develop your skills is required
• Some knowledge of Scottish University Higher Education and research funding
• Previous experience of Integra CRM database although full training will be given
• Previous experience of running events would be highly beneficial
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 8 April 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.