Location: Ideally Edinburgh but can be remote with the UK
Full time, Permanent
£37,500 - £50,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Closing date: 24 March 2020, 12 noon
About the Company
“We’re on a mission to change the way the world works.
Desana is a fast-growing startup based between London, Edinburgh, and Stockholm.
We give employees of large organisations seamless access to high-quality workspaces — from an hour to a whole day — anywhere, at the touch of a button.
Although office space is a multi-trillion a year industry, it’s one of the last to be completely disrupted by tech. We need great developers to help us do just that.
Read more about Desana HERE.
Flexibility in Working Hours
• We’re a company built around the idea of flexible working. We don’t just sell the dream, we live it
• As long as you’re hitting your targets & covering your contracted hours we’re easy about when you work - it’s what works best for you
• You’ll officially get 28 days in your contract
• Unofficially, we’re pretty relaxed. If you’re doing a great job and not taking the mickey, who’s counting?
Also, take your birthday off, no questions… just bring leftover cake when you’re back in.
• You’ll get free access to the Desana app to work from wherever’s convenient or best for you
• You also have the choice to work in our own offices
• Or, if the Amazon-lady, is dropping off a parcel, choose to work from home"
Read more about benefits at Desana HERE.
Alongside Desana’s native iOS and Android apps, they have a set of single-page web applications (SPAs) to support their partners, built-in React. Using the latest technologies, you will help provide management, analytics, insights and real-time monitoring of Desana’s platform through the SPAs.
• Contribute from day one
• Build, test and maintain the multiple SPAs
• Have ownership over deployment of your own code onto our Kubernetes infrastructure running on Google Cloud
• Implement new functionality on the Node.js backend to support frontend requirements
• Participate in agile work methodology, including daily standups, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives
Salary and Progression
Desana is creating a system to facilitate complete salary transparency and progression paths so that you always know how you can grow and what it will mean when you do. It’s part of their commitment to build an open and fair culture within Desana.
• Experience with gRPC, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Google Cloud, CI/CD
• Experience shipping consumer and business-facing applications
• Ambition to deliver world-class software
• You love to learn and continually develop yourself and your wider team
• Like to have fun, interact well with others and an absolute team player
Don’t be put off if you feel you don’t match up to everything above as it’s an exhaustive list! Above all else, the Desana team are looking for someone who will bring the correct mindset, positive attitude and an ability to learn and adapt. If this is you, then please do apply.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is Monday 23 March 2020, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter* through the AAI EmployAbility online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website.
Examples of what we like to see in a cover letter can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.