£19,000, full-time, 35 hours per week for 12 months
Closing date: 28 May 2016
About the Company
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business, with iconic brands including Guinness, Smirnoff, Captain Morgan and Johnnie Walker. Celebrating life every day, everywhere, is their guiding purpose - from creating new products to developing people to be the best they can be.
Service integration and management are emerging as core disciplines, helping enterprises deliver a return on their hybrid IT delivery strategy and attain distinct goals such as:
• Operationally integrate, monitor, and improve various IT capabilities into a set of simple, high value business services;
• Monitor, measure, and approve each provider’s efforts relative to volume and consumption commitments; and
• Support the introduction of new capabilities and suppliers based on consensus-driven business return, without affecting service continuity.
These service integration and management goals are achieved by implementing an end-to-end process across all IT service providers, creating an integrated IT operations and delivery model, and managing to a set of clear operational responsibilities.
The main objectives of Diageo’s SIAM function are to:
• Coordinate the execution of the IT service management processes across the organisation and the IT service towers, owning and administering the underpinning service management tool;
• Monitor and manage the interaction and touch-points between the IT service towers;
• Act as the party responsible for supporting IT service towers in resolving disputes and issues;
• Perform effective monitoring and reporting of IT services across the IT service towers; and
• Develop, implement and maintain cross-IT service tower policy, process, standards and procedure documentation.
Diageo are focused on growing and developing their talent and are looking for an ambitious Intern with a passion for asset management to join their team in Glasgow as an SACM Anayst. They are keen to find someone early in their career to invest in, providing a fantastic opportunity to really add value and learn in a fast paced and exciting environment.
The internship, offers you the perfect platform to gain real insight into a Global business, gain new skills and express your ideas.
Your placement will see you build relationships with people throughout the Global business, challenge and refine current ways of working and grow yourself whilst contributing to the ongoing success of Diageo.
About the role
The SACM Anayst plays a key part in achieving our goals through management and analysis of the asset inventory information that supports decision making. This is a unique role, sitting within the SIAM organisation, providing information and analysis to support the proactive management of Diageo’s key asset base.
The role holder is required to develop a level of detailed knowledge and expertise of the Diageo Business Markets and Global User landscape.
This role supports activities to ensure processes are cost efficient and appropriate metrics are in place to support the Vendor billing processes and ensuring appropriate costing measures are being applied.
This role will work closely with internal customers and stakeholders throughout GDBS, including members of the IS Services and BRM teams.
The role will also workclosely with external, vendor, contacts including TCS, Licence Dashboard and Hewlett Packard.
Reporting to the Service Asset Management Lead your main responsibilities will be to:
• Review and analyse monthly EUC hardware inventory reports with Diageo regional owners and EUS representatives, identifying assets whose status has changed unexpectedly or have issues. Identify actions plans to address and ensure actions completed.
• Monitor actions to be carried out in the month to recover / account for ‘missing’ assets.
• Monthly audit and control checks - review and validate output of Vendor control checks and co-ordinate joint audit/ control checks that support investigation into existing overhead of ‘missing’ assets
• Assist Service Delivery with tracking of assets funded through a leasing policy, with particular emphasis on tracking return to the leaser at the end of the agreement period.
• Assist asset lead in software licence management activity, gathering data, analyzing gaps, supporting audit activity.
• Support Software packaging forum, review administration of requests, chair forum meetings, produce weekly KPI reports.
Together with a drive to learn and curious spirit, you’ll be enthusiastic, open-minded and assertive, and ready for different and challenging projects. You will be educated to degree level in a related subject.
You will have the skills required to confidently communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, leading/facilitating meetings and group conversations, and interacting with contacts from across the globe to build and maintain successful relationships across the IS community and within the service delivery function.. You will have knowledge of ITIL / ITIL certification.
Strong organizational, customer service skills and data analysis skills are required, and you should be an advanced user of MS Excel.
Experience/knowledge of IT asset inventory management, knowledge of software licence management/software licencing metrics/measurements, are all required.
Diageo look gfor the following capabilities from those wishing to join their teams:
Drive to deliver, Focus and prioritisation, Tenacity, Courage to challenge and take risks
anticipate trends and opportunities, generate ideas and move them to action, be imaginative in finding solutions to issues and pursuing opportunities for the business, develop and apply a great understanding of the business to your work
Consistently deliver great performance
Demonstrate drive to make a positive difference to business performance, be clear about your own performance commitments ensure they are linked to business goals, have a positive outlook,show commitment to outstanding teamwork
Closing date for applications is 28 May 2016, 12 noon.
Interviews will take place during w/c 6 June 2016
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please note: Adopt an Intern likes to stay in touch with applicants to see how they're faring with their internship/job search.