University – The University of Glasgow
Qualification – MA Joint Honours Digital Media and Information Studies and Business Management
Job Hunting Experience
Looking back to 2016 and being a fresh graduate, job hunting was pretty stressful and exhausting at times; especially if you were attempting to break into professional work from a hospitality/retail background with no intern experience.
I found the process challenging, however, I’m a determined person and I applied for everything that sounded engaging which is how I ended up with my internship at Diageo.
The year I spent with Diageo has changed my life and shaped my future. I never imagined I would end up in the Supply Chain of an alcoholic beverages company and love it.
Role and Responsibilities
My responsibilities were the following:
• Understanding and documenting business requirements to analyse and deliver projects within Diageo Business Services, specifically the International Supply Centre
• Liaising nationally and internationally with Vendors, Teams and Functions (e.g. TCS, Diageo Shared Services in India)
• Developing MicroStrategy training material for Self-Service Analytics within the OPEX Supply Chain function
• Implementing and communicating new business technologies (SharePoint, Power Bi, QUIP, Zoom and Slack) to enhance ways of working within Diageo Business Services
• Business Relationship Manager IT Risk & Controls Lead for the International Supply Centre (focusing on Cyber Security)
• Coordinating all tiered reporting for DBS ISC Service Delivery & IS Global Supply & Procurement
I also went to Dublin for a work trip to promote an internal campaign, Mobile First, and that was really cool!
Working for Diageo was genuinely incredible; the support I received was unparalleled with any other company I’ve worked for and I felt valued. I would recommend this company to any other potential interns or grads.
Where are you now?
I still work in the alcoholic beverages industry and I love it as it’s such a fun and exciting business with a whole host of challenges. However, I’ve left Diageo and I work for Beam Suntory as a Supply Chain Commercialisation Analyst.
It was a tough decision to leave Diageo, but this offered new challenges and opportunities to develop my career.
Supply Chain Information Systems Intern with Diageo
Connect with Abbey