£17,000 per annum
Full-time until end of October 2018
Closing date: 14 March 2018, 12 noon
About the Company
Scottish Renewables is the leading voice of renewable energy in Scotland, empowering the nation to realise the full economic, social, and environmental benefits of renewable energy. Scottish Renewables is committed to leading the debate on renewable energy, and how we can harness these sustainable sources to heat and power Scotland’s homes and businesses for years to come.
The Scottish Renewables' Business Services team is responsible for the delivery and management of several essential business functions including financial management and reporting, ICT systems, maintaining a membership and marketing database, administration of HR processes, and management of office space, systems, and suppliers.
As a Temporary Administrative Officer at Scottish Renewables, you will be assisting the Business Services team and reporting to the Office Manager. You will be the main contact for staff, members, and external enquiries. The team is responsible for finance, administration and office procedures, and providing administrative and diary assistance to the Chief Executive. These services are essential to the proper functioning of other teams and the organisation, and central to the delivery of good customer service to our members and other clients.
Your main tasks will include:
• Acting as the main point of contact for enquiries by email, phone, and post with responsibility for answering the main phone line and reception duties, including signing in visitors and receiving deliveries
• Responsible for the processing of incoming mail and ensuring that outgoing mail is correctly franked and posted each evening
• Reconciliation of bank and receipt of payments to SAGE finance system, ensuring payments are correctly filed and liaising with customers to resolve any problems
• Creating invoices for events and ensuring delegate registration is logged and accurate. Liaison with Events team to resolve and discrepancies and deal with disputes in a timely manner
• Issue debt recovery letters as appropriate with input from the Office Manager
• Act as key contact at renewal time for the creation of renewal invoices, maintaining registers, and invoicing in a timely manner
• Supporting membership renewals including preparing certificates, letter and updating database
• Update the Membership Tracker, checking against paid subscriptions, and maintaining accurate reports
• First point of contact for all invoicing queries
• PA support to Chief Executive and Directors
• Supporting the Office Manager in the management of the Scottish Renewables office-space e.g. sustainable procurement and maintenance of stationary, facilities, events, and office supplies
• Booking of accommodation and travel for members of staff and monitoring the travel and subsistence budget with responsibility for ensuring targets are met
• Troubleshooting minor IT and telecoms issues and liaising with suppliers to resolve
• Uploading job advertisements to SR website
• Processing new member applications
• General administrative support
To effectively contribute to the role as Temporary Administrative Assistant, you must have experience of working in an administrative role within a busy office, with the ability to work under pressure. The candidate must also possess excellent interpersonal skills subject to the customer-facing nature of the role.
You should also have the following skills:
• Experience of working as an administrator in a busy office with the ability to work under pressure
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Demonstrable experience of working with SAGE accounts and Act!
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to deal with face-to-face and telephone enquiries in a courteous and patient manner
• Ability to prioritise workload and multi-task across a number of projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
• A team player who can also work autonomously using their own initiative, who is also motivated and keen to develop existing skills whilst having a flexible approach
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong attention to detail and awareness of the need for accuracy at all times
• Demonstrable interest in the renewable energy sector
Closing date for applications is 14 March 2018, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.