Location: Edinburgh office and home-based work
£11.00 per hour
40 hours per week for 3 months
Closing date: 10 June 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
“Business as usual isn’t working. It is getting hot in here, the ice caps are melting, the money
and opportunity are stuck in Silicon Valley, many people are disinvited and disincluded from
participating. The world’s current model of work involves too much commuting, polluting and is not sustainable for people, planet or more equal purpose.
The AnywhereWorks mission is simple: to change how the world works, by helping people work anywhere.
FULL Creative is a foundry for new ideas - AnywhereWorks being a major one. Over twenty years, they’ve evolved from being a long-distance carrier based in their founder’s garage into a provider of diverse products and services with a mission to change how the world works.
Ideas are not bound by place or time, and their implementation shouldn’t be either. We are building toward a future when people can contribute free from limitations. We see the potential for a more inclusive, more competitive model where outputs trump inputs.
We believe people should be able to work and learn together whether they’re across the table or across the world. In the conference room of your office building, on a commuter train, or sitting inside a sidewalk cafe, we empower people to communicate, collaborate, and produce. We don’t just want to change the world, we want to improve it through solutions that scale, empower and disrupt expectations.”
Learn more about the company here: https://full.io/
AnywhereWorks is looking for UI/UX Interns who are interested in contributing throughout the entire design process to create some amazing interfaces.
The team are not perfect in every way, they value learn-it-alls over know-it-alls, so perfect people need not apply for this role. The team is looking for interns to help them think differently and connect people and businesses to customers in more human ways.
If this role speaks to you, let’s talk and see what’s possible.
Help us move the world to working Anywhere.
As this is an internship programme that is genuinely interested in your development and growth, there will be plenty of emphasis placed on generating creative ideas between you, your fellow interns and the wider product and marketing teams at FULL.
AnywhereWorks is looking for graduates or undergraduates with a background in Design or a related field, for instance having studied a UI/UX Design, Graphic Design, or Product Design course. You’ll have a working knowledge of UI/UX design best practice with a portfolio to demonstrate your work.
The most important trait in the right candidates will be someone who truly wants to help achieve the mission in helping the world work Anywhere.
● Strong proficiency working with diagramming and prototyping software
● Experience designing complex workflows and interfaces for desktop or mobile products, demonstrated by a portfolio that highlights recent work and your design decisions
● Well-versed in the latest UI/UX trends and technologies
● Mastery with a range of current design and prototyping tools: Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision, etc
● Excellent communication skills
● Individual must be a proactive problem solver and able to handle multiple complex projects and tasks
● Mastery in a range of current video and editing tools: Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro
To successfully work from home your system needs to meet some minimum requirements:
• You should have a high-speed Internet connection, such as Cable/Fios. By high-speed, we mean a download speed of at least 2 Mbps and an upload speed of at least 1.5 Mbps.
• DSL is allowed, just not DSL Satellite.
• The nuts and bolts: working speakers, screen resolution of at least 1280x800, 2.0 GHz processor(or higher), 2GB or more of system memory (RAM), and Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 and 8.
• Two monitors come in handy, but one will do!
At FULL, employees are trusted to work hard and to a high standard, so you will need to be able to show initiative and self-motivation, and the self-awareness to see how your personal working style is best utilised for the greatest potential in a distributed working environment.
As for much of time you will be working remotely, you will be happy and confident about reaching out to others and sharing ideas in a team and for those ideas to be collaboratively critiqued so that only the best are taken forward.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 10 June 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications.
We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.