£22,000 - £27,000 p/a
Closing date: 2 July 2020, 12 noon.
About the Company
TheVeganKind is a rapidly growing 2-in-1 business:
www.thevegankind.com Europe's largest dedicated Vegan Subscription Box Service which includes a monthly Lifestyle Box and bimonthly Beauty Box as well.
www.thevegankindsupermarket.com The UK’s leading Online Vegan Supermarket which ships vegan cheese, burgers, steaks, doughnuts and more to thousands of delighted customers in the UK and beyond.
They have nearly 10,000 independent Feefo reviews and a total Social Media following of over 560,000 on Instagram alone (@TheVeganKind, @TheVeganKind Supermarket and @AccidentallyVeganUK).
TheVeganKind is at the forefront of taking veganism to the masses and making a completely cruelty-free lifestyle accessible to all. After tremendous growth in 2019, the company is enjoying continued success and expansion in 2020.
TheVeganKind is a family-run business consisting of co-founders Karris and Scott as well as an awesome team of 30 other visionaries who work in the Glasgow office and warehouse environment.
More information on their vision, values and products can be found on their company website. https://www.thevegankind.com/
Due to recent rapid growth The VeganKind wish to appoint a Warehouse Manager. This is a critical role for an experienced and confident individual who thrives on delivering operational excellence through leadership of a strong team and detailed management of logistics.
Reporting directly to the CEO the successful candidate will be responsible for the successful operation of the warehouse function which lies at the heart of the business.
To be effective in what is a ‘hands-on’ role, as well as ensuring that fulfilment happens smoothly and efficiently each day, the Warehouse Manager will also proactively endeavour to improve processes and systems reflecting the development of the company.
Day-to-day activity can be grouped into three interconnected areas, and will typically include work such as the following:
• Responsibility for leading a growing team of warehouse operatives, handling individual and team dynamics to ensure staff feel motivated and supported to deliver a consistently high standard of work.
• First line personnel management responsibility for the team, leading on department recruitment, training and personal development programmes, as well as the monitoring of adherence to statutory requirements.
• Ensuring staff levels meet the needs of the business, ie, rota management and interaction with agencies when flexible labour is needed.
• To be responsible for the smooth running of the department, relating especially to productivity and efficiency, output, quality and the health, safety and wellbeing of the warehouse team while at work.
Systems and processes
• To understand and oversee the technical requirements of the warehouse function, working closely with the senior management team to be in sync with the growth of the business as a whole.
• To advise on the improvement and development of warehouse processes, including the sourcing of equipment and machinery
• Management of workflow logistics to ensure staff have the supplies they need to package orders in a timely fashion.
• Stock management - accurate and up-to-date inventory record keeping, stock rotation to minimise waste, minimisation of damage to goods, claims management
• Management of the warehouse space
• Managing cleaning provision and delivery
• Management of upkeep of fittings and fixtures
• Oversight of application of health & safety standards, including PPE supply and usage
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with the right skills, experience and outlook to join what is a young but very successful company at an early stage of its development.
This role requires someone with a proven track record of warehouse management, preferably within the food industry. You'll need to be focused on detail, time management, accuracy, and timeliness to facilitate the productivity of the team and general running of the warehouse. The role would suit someone with a proactive, positive manner with flexibility in their approach to problem solving and delivering results.
To succeed, ideally the person fulfilling this role will have a creative approach to managing people with a focus on encouraging the best work from their team and the individuals within it. A management style that is assertive and resilient, yet fair and compassionate will suit the values of the business, and the busyness of the warehouse.
Strong, confident, communication skills are needed, as well as an understanding of the importance of accurate recording of data, analysis and reporting. The willingness to demonstrate that they can pick and pack with the best of them, alongside their team members when it's appropriate to do so is required.
You will therefore be expected to demonstrate the following throughout the recruitment process:
• First-line warehouse management experience, including dealing with HR matters, being responsible for health and safety and, with a proven record of successfully motivating, managing and organising a team.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• The ability to coordinate and oversee the work of others
• Logistics planning / scheduling experience.
• IT skills – sound experience with Excel Spreadsheets etc.
• Experience of project management.
• Stock management experience.
If you have forklift truck driving experience/qualifications, this would be beneficial.
You may apply whatever your academic background, so long as you can prove you have the skills and experience to do the job and applications from people returning to the workforce after a career break will also be welcomed.
Essential to this role is a firm belief in the values of TheVeganKind and the positive impact that veganism and plant-based living is making to the world.
If you have questions about this vacancy having read the above information then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 2 July 2020.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.
TheVeganKind is committed to diversity, equality and inclusion.