£27,500 - £30,000 per annum
Closing Date: 25 February 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
Campbells Prime Meat Ltd is Scotland’s leading supplier of fresh meat, fresh fish and delicatessen products to the foodservice industry – that is, they supply food to chefs in hotels and restaurants, pub groups, catering companies, schools and hospitals. Campbells also have a B2C website selling fresh Scotch meat and fish, primarily to UK customers.
Campbells is a proud family business with a heritage that goes back over 100 years. The MD is the fourth generation of the family to manage the business and he remains very operationally involved. Campbells pride themselves on having the attributes of a small business – all of their products are made to order using the craft skills of their butchers and fishmongers – with some of the strengths of a larger business such as the back-office or their financial resources.
The company faced its greatest challenge in 2009 when their main production facility and offices were totally destroyed by fire. Three months after the fire, Campbells moved to their new premises in Linlithgow which is 50% larger than the previous factory. With the commitment and teamwork of the Directors and staff at Campbells and the support of our customers, our Linlithgow premises is now the finest in Scotland for the supply of fresh meat, fresh fish and delicatessen products.
As Website and E-commerce Manager, you will manage the maintenance and marketing of Campbells social media, website and online presence with the objective to increase sales from £1 million to £2.5 million in 18 months.
In this position, your main duties will be:
• To coordinate on a day to day basis the activities of our outsourced web hosting company and marketing agency with design and content management.
• To help define the Company’s online communications and website branding.
• To help manage our social media presence.
• To build the Company’s brand for B2C.
• Work with our customer service team to ensure orders are processed and shipped on time and customer queries are answered.
• Work with our production and technical departments to ensure products and packs for sale are suitable for home delivery, maximise sales and achieve required profit margins.
This role would ideally suit a graduate with relevant I.T. or Marketing skills who also has some years in relevant workplace experience and is keen to take on responsibility to further Campbells website business and their own career.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have demonstrated knowledge of website maintenance and marketing. Campbells would like to see examples of previous projects
• Be confident when dealing with designers, developers and marketing teams
• Be confident in pulling together staff and all persons involved in the website to increase sales
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Have a knowledge and understanding of Google analytics and SEO
• Be computer literate, with competency on Microsoft Office
Campbells Prime Meat headquarters is two miles outside Linlithgow and is not served well by public transport links, so having your own transport would be preferable.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 25 February 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.