£8.45 per hour
Part-time for 12 weeks (with the possibility of extension)
Closing Date: 28 August 2017, 12 noon
Interview Date: 12 September 2017 - TBC
About the Company
Neatebox provides assistive technology that promotes inclusion and accessibility from customer service and retail to tourism and transport.
Following ten years service with The Royal Air Force, founder Gavin Neate commenced an 18 year career with Guide Dogs as a guide dog mobility instructor. His comprehensive knowledge of visual impairment and assistive technologies led him to create Neatebox.
Since founding the company in 2011, Neatebox has grown in size: in products, staff and ambition. However, one thing has stayed very much the same, this is the focus on access and inclusion for everyone and their environments through assistive technology, enforcing the company mantra, "Inclusive and Accessible Technology Built for People."
They currently have three mobile applications, although this role will focus around supporting the Scottish EDGE winning ‘Welcome’ platform. This provides direct communication between customers with specific needs and customer service teams, providing training, advanced notice of the person's arrival, and improved service.
More information about Neatebox, their values, and the team can be found on their website.
Neatebox is currently looking for a motivated individual who can take responsibility for several business development opportunities, making an immediate commitment to the efforts of the team.
The role will include account management and customer support related to the ‘Welcome’ platform, with some elements of administration. You will be involved with building relationships with Neatebox customers both end users and venues, providing them with any customer support and assistance.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Answering calls, emails, queries and resolving any customer related issues.
● Providing excellent customer service through various online channels and Social Media.
● Fulfilling general duties; creating and sending customer orders.
● Improving customer service daily through being creative and innovative about processes.
● Helping to support the team with day-to-day operations.
● Updating job knowledge and promoting self-development in your role.
● Continually expanding customer relationships and growing the brand.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant business degree, including sales and marketing. The candidate will also have excellent soft skills and enjoy dealing with people. It is imperative that you have a firm belief in the vision and inclusive values of Neatebox.
You should also have the following skills:
• Organisational skills and able to work smart.
• Proactive and enthusiastic.
• Exceptional Customer Service skills.
• A genuine interest in helping customers.
• Excellent communication skills.
• The ability to use a range of software such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, in addition to a variety of web services.
Neatebox has created ’Employ20’, a pledge which recognises that as the country is made up of a wide variety of people that companies should be as well. To this end, we would like to encourage people who identify themselves as being disabled in some way to apply for this position. Having a link to disability is preferable but not essential, and flexibility around working hours and location can be afforded to the right candidate.
An extension of the contract after the internship placement is possible, as the right candidate would essentially be creating their own role within the company through their business development efforts.
Closing date for applications is 28th August 2017, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.