£20,000 pro rata per annum
Start date: 13 January 2019
Closing date: 3 January 2019, 12 noon
Interview date: w/c 9 January 2019
About the Company
Little’s are a proud family business, headquartered in Scotland with over 50 years of experience, providing an award-winning chauffeur service worldwide. Little’s believes that travel should be a genuine pleasure. Whether their clients are travelling for business or leisure; organising a conference or a tour, Little’s are available 24/7 to manage their customers’ transport requirements.
At Little’s, the ability to innovate, quickly adapt to the changing needs of their clients and provide an exceptional level of personal customer service is very important to their team. These abilities are the main drivers for their surge in business growth.
To learn more about Little’s please visit their website here.
This year marks Little’s 52nd birthday and during this exciting time, their proactive sales team are looking for a graduate to support their two Business Development Managers. In this role you will assist the business development team with research into new business, reaching out to new clients, and keep in touch with new and existing clients.
Working from Little’s open plan Glasgow office, you will work alongside the Reservations, Accounts and Management teams. The successful applicant’s main responsibilities will include:
• Managing and monitoring research projects. Examples include conferences, events, new hotel openings etc, on a global scale
• Creating personalised business proposals using PowerPoint or Canva
• Creating and managing new pages for the Little’s website and third-party sites. The Little’s website mainly uses WordPress
• Writing industry related blogs for the website
• Understanding pricing in Scotland and overseas
• Keeping up to date with industry trends, sharing knowledge with team and for Little’s social media
• Working flexibly and providing support to other areas of the business as and when required, including being prepared to share workload of other staff in their absence
As part of a team of 15, there are many areas of responsibility which are shared therefore many opportunities to learn and develop skills. Both the Managing Director and Business Development Managers are very hands-on and will assist in offering support and advice for anyone interested in a career in business development.
Little’s would like to hear from enthusiastic, organised and creative individuals with a great team spirit. This is an ideal opportunity for business-minded graduates looking to make their first move in the travel/tourism industry, particularly hospitality, events or international business. You will be a good team player with the ability on work to your own initiative and be adaptable in responding to changing project priorities.
To be successful in this role, you will:
• Be computer literate
• Be creative and innovative with an understanding of different markets
• Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills
• Have excellent organisational skills and prioritising abilities
• Have the ability to work on their own and manage time and tasks efficiently
• Have to ability to work effectively under pressure
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 3 January 2019, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on 9 January 2019.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.