Location: Edinburgh office, and home-based
£9.00 per hour
20 hours per week for 3 months
Closing date: 18 March 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
Business as usual isn’t working. It is getting hot in here, the ice caps are melting, the money and opportunity are stuck in Silicon Valley, many people are disinvited and disincluded from participating. The world’s current model of work involves too much commuting, polluting and is not sustainable for people, planet or more equal purpose.
The AnywhereWorks mission is simple: to change how the world works, by helping people work anywhere.
FULL Creative is a foundry for new ideas - AnywhereWorks being a major one. Over twenty years, they’ve evolved from being a long-distance carrier based in their founder’s garage into a provider of diverse products and services with a mission to change how the world works.
Working from a foundational belief that ideas aren’t bound by place & time and that implementation shouldn’t be either, the organisation builds software & services that empower people to communicate, collaborate, and produce their work anywhere.
With bases in the US, India, and Scotland, their business model is one of collaborative curiosity, rethinking the way businesses operate so they can be improved for people, planet, and profit.
Learn more about the company here.
The organisation is looking for a Business Support intern wanting to gain meaningful experience within their team in Edinburgh.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
• Collaborating with brand managers, internal teams, clients and partners on business operations and marketing strategy.
• Helping identify market trends and key opportunities for innovation.
• Learning and working with various types of software for operations and marketing.
• Working closely with the sales and marketing team.
• Creating marketing materials such as white papers, case studies, and presentations.
• Giving presentations on your ideas.
• Maintaining a marketing database.
• Providing administrative support to the marketing and sales team.
• Preparing, formatting and editing a range of documents.
• Understanding company mission, brand and product.
• Understanding of business processes and methods
• General office duties.
• Creating and interpreting a variety of reports.
• Organising market research.
• Analyzing questionnaires and other forms of feedback.
As this is an internship programme that is genuinely interested in your development and growth, there will be plenty of emphasis placed on generating creative ideas between you, your fellow interns and the wider product and marketing teams at AnywhereWorks.
You will work 1 day in the office in central Edinburgh and the remainder of your hours from home.
This role would be ideal for an ambitious individual who is confident to build relationships and willing to learn every day from the vast experience of AnywhereWorks. You will be hard-working, fully willing to support the team and also be entrepreneurial spirited at heart.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• A strong team player.
• Can work under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Confidence to initiate video calls with the global team.
• Comfortable being entrepreneurial and self-directed.
To successfully work from home your system needs to meet some minimum requirements:
• You should have a high-speed Internet connection, such as Cable/Fios. By high-speed, we mean a download speed of at least 2 Mbps and an upload speed of at least 1.5 Mbps.
• DSL is allowed, just not DSL Satellite.
• The nuts and bolts: working speakers, screen resolution of at least 1280x800, 2.0 GHz processor(or higher), 2GB or more of system memory (RAM), and Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 and 8.
• Two monitors come in handy, but one will do!
At AnywhereWorks, employees are trusted to work hard and to a high standard, so you will need to be able to show initiative and self-motivation, and the self-awareness to see how your personal working style is best utilised for the greatest potential in a distributed working environment.
As for much of time you will be working remotely, you will be happy and confident about reaching out to others and sharing ideas in a team and for those ideas to be collaboratively critiqued so that only the best are taken forward.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 18 March 2019, 12 noon.
To apply submit a CV and brief covering letter using the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec and C) any live web links to written work that demonstrate your ability and approach to online communication.
We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.