Location: Glasgow, Riverside Campus
£24,859 per annum
Full-time, 3 month contract
Closing date: 22 November 2019, 12 noon
Do not delay applications, advert will close as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
About the Company
“How would you like to work for one of the UK's largest further education colleges? You'll be part of a large and friendly team, working in a diverse and dynamic multicultural environment.
Since our merger in 2010, we have transformed the delivery of college education in terms of our physical estate, our performance levels and our reach. The quality of our learning and teaching is sector leading and our new twin site super campus development is heralding a new era in college education.
We are Top in the UK for WorldSkills and composite overall number one in the Scottish sector for success in student attainment in combined Further and Higher Education.
City of Glasgow College, like Scotland as a nation, is a real melting pot of diversity, equality and excellence.”
Learn more on their website here.
City of Glasgow College is looking for an experienced Designer to join its vibrant and fast-paced brand and communications team at Scotland’s number one college.
You will be responsible for high quality printed, online and offline graphic work from conception to execution and will support a range of services across the college.
Working in a small team, you will also ensure the implementation and maintenance of the college brand and facilitate the design of a range of corporate publications and promotional materials.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• Ensure the College brand is implemented, developed and maintained consistently across all faculty/support functions.
• Deliver end to end production (concept, design, development) of corporate publications and promotional materials: prospectuses, annual reports, signage, exhibitions, adverts, posters, leaflets and other publicity material across multiple channels; web, print, video/editing, social and digital media.
• Contribute to the design, implementation and development of all the component parts of the college website in conjunction the Marketing / IT team.
• Ensure that Design output meets Regulatory standards where appropriate, e.g. DDA, GDPR.
• Facilitate the design and implementation of various multimedia projects for faculty/support functions for the College.
• Support the design requirements (i.e. print, website and digital media) of collaborative projects derived from faculty/support functions.
• Organise, set up, produce and process relevant photographic/video material for use in a number of publications, promotional material and new media in various locations internal and external
• Maintain a catalogued library (images/projects) which supports the college brand.
• Operate flexibly across the marketing / events function to support College wide events
• Maintain supplier relations, arranging costs, securing services and quality checking output through to production
City of Glasgow College is looking for a creative individual with relevant studio experience and at least an HND in Graphic Design. You will be an enthusiastic ideas person with strong organisational skills.
• Relevant studio experience
• Highly developed design and Desk Top Publishing skills with wide experience of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, other industry standard packages
• Evidence of continuous professional development
• Working knowledge of Macintosh and PC Systems
• Photographic experience
• Knowledge and experience of social / digital media
• Experience of creating animation
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 22 November 2019, 12 noon.
Do not delay your application, advert will close as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website.
Please provide a link in your CV or Cover Letter to an online portfolio, applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.