Location: Corstorphine, Edinburgh*
Part-time, 20 hours/week for 12 weeks
Late August start
Closing date: 25 July 2016
About the Company
Knitting For All is a fast growing and ambitious organisation providing award winning knitting and crafting classes for all ages. Our classes are professionally taught by trained teachers using natural fibres and wooden needles. We have expanded through franchising and currently have franchisees in Scotland, England and the Republic of Ireland.
For more information, please see www.knittingforall.com
The main tasks and responsibilities of the Digital Marketing and Communications Assistant will include:
• Social Media marketing on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Ravelry.
• Using Google and social media analytics to gain insight into effectiveness of digital marketing and adjusting plans and strategy to optimise reach.
• Managing and updating the website with events and class timetable information.
• Managing and updating the e-commerce website.
• Assisting with SEO.
• Providing marketing support and guidance to Knitting For All Franchisees.
• Creating support resources for Knitting For All Franchisees.
• Creating newsletters and email marketing campaigns for both customers and Knitting For All Franchisees. • Writing press releases and maintaining good relationships with key journalist contacts.
*Please note that the role has the potential for some home-based work.
The ideal candidate will have a background in marketing, communications, media or journalism. You should be pro-active, highly organised and self-motivated, able to work alone and in collaboration with other team members.
You should be able to write creative and engaging copy of a high standard and have good written and verbal communication skills. Previous experience of Wordpress, SEO, managing social media, mail chimp and analytics would be highly regarded.
An interest in the hand-knitting and hobby crafting industries is not essential but would be beneficial. We knitters are a passionate, obsessive and addicted bunch and it is important to communicate in our language!
Closing date for applications is 25 July 2016, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.