Angus Council provide local government services to citizens, businesses and visitors to the Angus area.
£7.85 per hour
Full-time for 6 months
A major element of the work of Angus Council's Industry Sectors team within Economic Development is to undertake online and offline marketing campaigns in an effort to increase the number of visitors to Angus. The main online channels are www.visitangus.com (general visitors) and www.carnoustiecountry.com (golf-related) plus associated social media platforms.
The key tasks would be to undertake desk research on digital best practice in the tourism sector and preparation of digital marketing plan for both Visit Angus and Carnoustie Country to increase engagement and reach. You will
• Review the Visit Angus and Carnoustie Country websites with a focus on customer journey and ensuring information in availability in the most appropriate format
• Work with relevant Sector Officers to improve the overall appearance, content and usability of the website and make appropriate recommendations.
• Investigate, analyse and recommend appropriate social media channels to be used to increase engagement using best practice examples and case studies
• Investigate development of Visit Angus App - is this appropriate, how do we do this?
• Outline other digital tools being used in tourism - case studies / examples of best practice.
• Produce digital marketing plans for both campaigns identifying actions, timescales, cost, resources and measurement
For more about Angus Council visit their website.
The ideal intern will be educated to degree level with a background in marketing and/or digital marketing. You will have excellent IT skills, with previous experience of using a CMS system to update web content. You will be highly organised, able to manage your own time and work on your own initiative. You should be a creative thinker with a strong attention to detail.
You should be a confident communicator with outstanding written skills. A candidate with previous copywriting skills or experience of delivering a practical digital marketing plan would be highly favourable.
Closing date for applications is 4 November 2015, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held w/c 9 November 2015.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do not accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.