Location: Glasgow (Some remote work offered)
Part-time for 6 months (16 hours per week), Permanent (potential for Full-time)
£20,000 - £25,000 pro rata (depending on experience)
Start date: September 2020
Closing date: 7 September 2020, 12 noon
Interviews: w/c 14 September 2020
About the Company
“StrEAT Events is an online marketplace platform for hand-picked street food & independent catering. We are redefining the catering landscape, using technology to allow people to discover and book exceptional catering for events.
We love great food, creating memorable experiences and empowering the growing independent catering sector in Scotland. We believe that food is an integral part to the event experience from festival themed weddings to food trucks at music events we use our expertise to make events taste great!
We are a small, hard-working team, committed to innovation, growth and delicious food! We are looking for creative and passionate people to join us in making Scotland a tastier place!
strEAT Company Culture:
• We are a young, versatile tech start-up, passionate about making a high impact on the independent catering industry
• We are an innovation-focused business and work hard to achieve extremely big dreams in a short time as a team.
• We are disruptive and resourceful; we challenge the norm and seek to develop new solutions for our customer’s challenges
• We are continually creating new and dynamic products which delight and make a meaningful positive difference in our customer’s lives is what we live for!”
Read more about strEAT HERE.
strEAT is looking for a passionate part-time Digital Marketing Coordinator to be responsible for their daily marketing operations and to lead their B2B and B2C digital marketing strategy to drive brand awareness and lead generation.
• Driving customer acquisition through a diverse range of digital channels – maintaining and constantly optimising for maximum impact
• Generating data-driven hypotheses and executing experiments throughout the ‘acquisition, activation, retention, revenue, referral’ funnel – identifying insights and key opportunities for improvement
• Scheduling digital content
• Generating broad awareness and driving targeted traffic through extensive social media activity and campaigning
• Growing organic traffic generation through effective SEO strategies
• Planning & developing content and strategies for all online marketing channels (SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and PPC campaigns)
• Measuring and reporting performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
• Keeping up to date with the latest industry trends
This is a unique opportunity to join an expanding startup at an exciting period of growth. There is tremendous potential to grow, both personally and professionally, in this supportive team.
Under current protocol, this role will be remote initially.
strEAT would like a passionate, enthusiastic and outgoing individual with solid experience in a digital marketing role at a best-in-class company or startup. You should be a master at all things marketing - from planning campaigns to writing content, full of creative and smart ideas and able to see them through to completion.
You should be looking for the opportunity to take on more responsibility to drive forward the digital marketing strategy at a fast-paced company. You should also feel confident supporting other areas of marketing & day-to-day business activity.
• 2 - 4 years of professional experience
• Good with words with an exceptional level of verbal and written English
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to adapt communications to suit different audiences
• Confident managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
• Strong knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, etc)
• Experience in setting up and optimising Google AdWords campaigns
• Experience with A/B and multivariate testing
• Experienced in reporting and analysis, with the ability to quickly spot new opportunities and capitalise on them
• Experience using Hootsuite
• Experience using Hubspot (or other CRM System)
• Desire to develop personally and professionally in a dynamic young company
• Basic Digital Design Skills (using tools such as (such as Canva, Adobe packages e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Basic photography skills
• Understanding of the street food industry in Scotland & UK
• Ability to align all aspects for marketing to strEAT Brand Guidelines & Voice
• A mix of creative and analytical skills – able to develop new innovative marketing activities with strong quantitative analytical skills to review and act on the results
• Enjoy working in a small, start-up culture with a ‘sleeves-rolled-up’ approach to getting involved in all areas of the business
• Entrepreneurial mindset & ability to see the bigger picture
• Hunger and determination: A positive, infectious personality: we’re looking for someone who’ll find a way of getting things done, fast
• Bursting with great ideas for engaging, must-read content
Essential to this role is that all eligible applicants must reside within Glasgow City Council postcode boundary, be currently unemployed or underemployed and be qualified to SCQF Level 7 (HNC/HND) or above.
The boundary map can be found HERE:
If you have any questions about this role, the requirements or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 7 September 2020, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI EmployAbility online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. Examples of what we like to see in a cover letter can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.