£22-35,000 per annum depending on qualifications/experiences
Full-time, 6-month contract, with potential for extension
Closing date: 19 October 2020, 12 noon
About the Company
As an Edinburgh-based startup established in 2015, the company developed BackHug, a smart back care device to address back problems around the globe. BackHug is fully operated through an App and offers personalised treatment to suit users' needs. The product is to be launched in Q4 2020 in the UK, and will then be introduced into the US and globally as of 2022. Over the last two years, the team grew from two to 14 members, comprising software and mechanical engineers, marketing, business development, and finance specialists. The company has the backing of Venture Capital and reputable Angel investors.
Visit the company website to find out more.
A great opportunity has arisen for an engineer to join the team, focusing on product design and manufacturing support.
Working closely with the wider team, the main focus of this role will be:
• Product designing of an electro-mechanical product
• Managing suppliers in the UK and abroad
• Manufacturing support by working with sub-contractors in the UK
In addition to your key responsibilities, you will be supporting business activities such as:
• Maintaining office systems, data management and filing
• Producing documents and presentations. Competence in MS Office and Adobe CC essential
• Liaising with customers, suppliers and other staff by phone, email or in person.
Everyone at Pacla Medical is expected to:
• Have the start-up mindset
• Be hungry for knowledge and want to explore beyond boundaries
• Have good communication skills, verbal, visual and written
• Be energetic and possess a creative and innovative mindset
• Multi-task effortlessly and be aware of, and operate to deadlines
• Be flexible and comfortable working in a quickly changing environment
• Be commercially aware, able to integrate the financial and commercial aspects of the business into your work.
In return, they offer a competitive salary depending upon qualifications and experience and the opportunity to receive a stock option after one year of employment.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Product Design Engineering (BEng/MEng) or similar. Working within a tight, driven and energetic team, applicants must have that entrepreneurial mindset which makes you take ownership of your work, be flexible enough to work in different areas of the business as required and always look for ways to improve. The culture of the business demands that staff treat other people with integrity and care.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following required skills:
• Physical prototyping experience and advanced 3D CAD skills. Solidworks essential
• Procurement and BOM management ability, in partnership with external suppliers
• Ability to review output from design consultants and other engineering sub-contractors against company targets to ensure these are met
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to translate customer requirements and feedback into design solutions
• Understanding of the design process and how it is applied
• Hands on mechanical and electrical assembly and fault diagnosis
• Product technical support both in the field and over email/phone.
Applications from individuals able to also demonstrate the following will be viewed favourably:
• Ability to generate design ideas related to the product, improving therapeutic performance, appearance, weight and cost of production
• Knowledge of metals and metal parts suppliers
• Strong materials and manufacturing knowledge. In-depth understanding of when and why different processes and materials should be used
• General understanding of electronic systems and diagrams. Experience in automation design is preferable but not essential
• Demonstrated ability in design for manufacture. Including:
- Interpretation of product standards documentation.
- Producing user and technical manuals.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 19 October 2020, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI EmployAbility online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.