Location: Coatbridge, occasional remote working accommodated
£19,000-£22,000 per annum dependent on experience
Full-time, permanent position (with some flexibility to hours)
Closing date: 20 March 2019, 12 noon
Interview date: w/c 25 March 2019
About the Company
With over 25 years of experience in the design and implementation of steel structures, Cairnhill Structures has grown to be one of the leading UK companies in this space.
The business has grown rapidly over the last 10 years, winning business with offshore, nuclear, transport and manufacturing clients. Based in Coatbridge, the company is active across the UK and continues to expand into new markets.
For more information please see the Cairnhill Structures website here.
In order to get to the next stage of its growth, Cairnhill Structures is putting in place new management processes and tools. This will require changes in approach and the creation of new roles across the organisation. One of these roles is an Executive Assistant who will work closely with the Group Managing Director on aspects of the organisational structure, processes and meetings.
The role would include:
• Taking minutes of executive and board meetings
• Following up on actions and providing status reports
• Setting agendas for meetings and ensuring that appropriate documents are circulated beforehand
• Coordinating details on organisational structure and proposed changes
• Working with the MD to prioritise his time commitments and manage his diary and travel arrangements
• Liaising with external parties visiting Cairnhill to ensure access to the right people, their availability and agendas for meetings
• Working with external consultants as required to facilitate access to information and people relevant to their project requirements
The ideal candidate will have strong organisational skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organisation. Previous commercial experience would be useful, good common sense and judgement is a must. Cairnhill Structures is particularly looking for someone with a high degree of self-motivation who can see the big picture objectives and be able to define and follow through on detailed plans.
The successful candidate would have good negotiating skills and the strength of character to ensure that not only their deadlines were met but those of other people were also adhered to.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Strong multi-tasking skills
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to see multiple things through to completion at one given time
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office software - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
• An energetic 'Can Do' attitude with a willingness to take on ad hoc duties as they arise
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strategic planning skills and the ability to prioritise work effectively
The following would also be considered desirable:
• Previous experience in an administrative role within a commercial organisation
• Previous Finance or HR experience
You may apply whatever your academic background as long as you can prove you have the skills and experience to do the job. This role would also suit someone returning to the workforce after a career break.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation, please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 20 March 2019, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held during week commencing 25 March 2019.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.