Location: Aberargie Distillery, Perthshire
£25,000-£30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Closing Date: 13 January 2020, 12 noon
If you're a proactive, self-motivated Marketer with good commercial understanding and a strong ability to drive the company’s digital expertise in-house, the team definitely want to hear from you!
- The AAI team
About the Company
“We are Morrison & Mackay. We are about to embark on an exciting journey of growth with significant strategic change, rebranding and portfolio innovation and are looking for an ambitious, hungry, brand-obsessive marketer to join our ever-expanding team.
We are a family with whisky running through our veins with many of our predecessors having owned distilleries throughout Scotland for generations. Although a fairly new company, we are going through enormous growth internationally, we are rebranding our entire portfolio and have built a brand-new distillery. By 2020, we will have distinctive, targeted and premium whisky brands and we are looking for someone who can execute these in market.
With a strong focus on European markets and eyes on Asia and North America, you would be joining at a pivotal time in our company’s history.”
Have a look at our current website, however one of your first tasks will be renovating this to reflect our new corporate identity and premium brands which are set to launch in 2020
Your key objective will be to work with the Marketing Manager to develop market-specific brand plans with your primary role on their execution. Your understanding and ability to contribute to the marketing strategy and P&L management will be key along with budget management. You will be involved in everything from how our next trade show’s stand is designed throughout to managing each of our brand’s social media pages.
As Assistant Brand Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the brand’s marketing activities and implementing these in key markets. Corporate and brand websites and social media accounts will be a key responsibility for you as well as brand communications channels, for internal and external stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Design and delivery of all marketing collateral for use globally and market-specific
• Liaise with distributor’s marketing teams in key markets internationally
• Supporting sales team with materials to grow awareness and desire of the company’s brands in key markets
• Have a full understanding of digital marketing from a consumer perspective
• Establishing a clear digital presence across all social media platforms and on the company website including develop social media strategy and create all digital assets required
• Attend trade shows and exhibitions to promote and grow the brand
• Write, edit and proof-read activities and engaging copy for promotional materials and brand toolkits within each brand’s marketing campaigns.
What Morrison & Mackay offer the successful candidate:
A competitive salary together with non-contributory pension and generous holiday allowance.
Morrison & Mackay is looking for a driven individual who will relish the opportunity to become a part of an entrepreneurial and growing international business but also bold and innovative. The ideal person for this role will be an outgoing individual with a solid background in Marketing with demonstrable relevant work experience, always keeping up to date with the latest trends and social platforms.
You’ll be proactive, self-motivated and have a good commercial understanding with a strong ability to drive the company’s digital expertise in-house.
The following are essential for the role:
• Demonstrate a good track record in digital marketing experience, managing website and social media accounts that can demonstrate brand engagement
• Experience in digital tools such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, PPC, Social Media and YouTube promotional channels would be a distinct advantage
• Creative, with a keen eye for design as the company embrace packaging development, communications, PR and digital
• Possess a ‘can do’ attitude, a conscientious work ethic, highly result-oriented and an entrepreneurial spirit
• Integrity, as well as enthusiasm for taking ownership and the ability to work under your own initiative, are paramount
• Highly skilled in all elements of Microsoft Office
• Strong attention to detail
• A strong influencer with excellent communication skills
• Effective in ensuring brand consistency
The following are highly desirable for the role:
• 2-4 years’ experience as a Marketing Assistant or Assistant Brand Manager for another FMCG business – preferably within Premium Spirits
• Experienced in developing and delivering clear marketing strategies globally.
Morrison & Mackay welcome applications from those who have been in a creative agency working on premium spirits and/or drink brands – you do not have to have been client-side.
If you approach your challenges head-on, are adaptable and resilient, the team definitely want to hear from you!
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 13 January 2020, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter using the AAI EmployAbility online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date.
State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.