£8.75 per hour
Full-time, for 3 months
Start date: September 2017
Closing date: 6 September 2017, 12 noon
Interview date: w/c 11 September
About the Company
“I’m often asked what makes Virgin different. The simple answer is… our people.” – Richard Branson
Virgin is known for doing things better and we’re constantly on the lookout for talented, imaginative and smart people to help us. We’ve got big growth plans, and we need to find fantastic people to make those plans a reality. Our recruitment team are the key to making that happen… and they’re pretty good at it too, winning numerous awards over the years for innovation in the field.
Virgin Money is looking for a bright and motivated graduate to join their team.
The purpose of the role of the HR Intern will be to:
• Support a team of Resourcing Partners and/or Resourcing Consultants
• Provide administrative and organisational support during sourcing and selection stages of the recruitment process
You will receive an insight into how a corporate recruitment team (and broader HR team) operates, their challenges in a regulated industry and how they make sure they match brand expectations to marketing strategies.
As a successful candidate your key accountabilities will include:
• Adding and processing vacancies and applicants on our Applicant Tracking System
• Uploading advertisements
• Sifting applications and creating shortlists
• Contacting applicants and liaising with recruitment agencies to arrange interviews
• Creating interview schedules and implementing them in Outlook diaries
• Booking meeting rooms in multiple locations
• Sourcing IT equipment (iPads, laptops) and liaising with IT to support interviews
• Ensuring interview notes are processed as per HR policy
• Conducting research on behalf of Resourcing Partners and Resourcing Consultants
• Management of the careers inbox and producing weekly MI on activity
• Place candidate experience at heart of everything you do
• Coordination of events and one-off projects
• Providing other administrative and project support as required
To fit in and go far you'll have the ability to pick things up quickly, show real initiative, have the confidence to talk to Virgin Money managers of all levels, be ambition and back all of this up with excellent IT and presentation skills.
Any degree background can apply as long as you can show you have the skills to do the job. The skills and qualifications required for this role are:
• Excellent organisational and administration skills
• A keen eye for detail
• The ability to prioritise and manage numerous activities
• The ability to use your own initiative
• Strong communication skills, particularly telephone manner
• Good working knowledge of MS Outlook and Excel
Closing date for applications is 6 September 2017, 12 noon.
Interview date: w/c 11 September
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.APPLY