£30K to £36K (depending on experience)
Closing date: 3 August 2020, 12 noon
This is an exciting demand- driven opportunity for a technical front-end developer with 2 years+ of experience, to work with an industry disruptor, who is building life-changing technology for students with dyslexia, autism, and anxiety.
About the Company
"As one of Glasgow’s ‘coolest tech start-ups’ (DIGIT), Estendio is building life-changing technology to level the playing field for the one billion people across the world with disabilities. Since launching the app, Present Pal, in September 2018, we support students with dyslexia; autism and anxiety in over 100 universities and colleges across the UK. The Estendio team plans to expand beyond the higher education market into large corporations and the US, with a host of new and exciting features.
Estendio was also announced as Microsoft’s first ever European AI for Accessibility partner, working on Present Pal with the Microsoft Accessibility team, in order to make presentation anxiety a thing of the past.
Working on such a great product and offering means that every single day you will be helping those with accessibility support needs to fulfil their talent, a role where you will be doing genuine good within an organisation passionate about their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and giving back to the community. Estendio is also a Disability Confident Employer."
More on Present Pal here: https://presentpal.co.uk
You will be working within an ambitious and supportive team at Estendio/Present Pal who are going through an exciting trajectory. Whilst working in the development team, you will be working with the latest technology building assistive technology solutions. The current tech stack includes React, React Native, PHP 7+, Laravel 5.6+, ES6, Typescript and some AWS services. The ideal technically experienced candidate will align with our cultural beliefs and company values; possess exceptional technical skills and have a high degree of self-awareness and communication skills. It is essential that the successful candidate is keen and comfortable to work in a fast-paced start-up; is sociable and has a desire and passion to help people.
Your main responsibilities will be but are not limited to:
• Sharing your opinion on technical solutions and providing constructive feedback.
• Optimising the structure and design of the Present Pal app
• Ensuring user experience determines design choices
• Developing features to enhance the user experience
• Creating, testing, and shipping high quality and robust code to production
• Work on public web pages to optimise user experience and increase scalability.
• Maintaining brand consistency throughout design
• Working closely with marketers and designers, to turn their vision into working realities
What Estendio can offer you:
• Competitive salary
• 28 days holiday, plus 6 bank holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Remote working options and flexible hours
• International travel opportunities
• Significant personal development growth opportunities
• Assistive technology support package
• A “Creative Day” every month
• Finish early on a Friday!
Estendio/Present Pal is looking for a technical, creative, and dedicated individual with 2 years + experience in a previous developer role. Ideally, you will be familiar with the full lifecycle of an app-based project, from technical planning to working with designers and, finally, creating modular components ready for integration into projects.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
• React experience, preferably including React Native.
• Experience in modern web frameworks considered, based on experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-awareness, self-management, positive attitude to get the job done and flexible and happy to adapt to a range of jobs and tasks.
• Ability to prioritise and ensure the completion of a range of diverse tasks.
• Persistency, resourcefulness, and an overall team player, who encourages the growth and knowledge of others.
• UI/UX experience/enthusiasm
• App development experience
• Experience in Scrum environments (or other agile frameworks will be considered)
• Knowledge of assistive technology and design processes
• AWS experience (including S3, DynamoDB, API Gateway) or cloud infrastructure equivalent
• Knowledge of TDD
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning industry disruptor and start-up and if you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is Monday 3 August 2020, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI Employability online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.