Location: Remote working considered
£30,000 - £33,000 (depending on experience) + benefits
Apply by 6 July 2020, 12 noon
Interviews will commence as soon as suitable notes of interest are received.
“Social Enterprise Scotland (SES) is The Voice of Social Enterprise - uniting social enterprises and their supporters into a strong campaigning force. We're your gateway to Scotland's social enterprise community. SES is an independent, Scottish, membership-led organisation, built and governed by social enterprises. We're the first point of contact for the media and public and promote a positive vision for social enterprise. Membership is open to anyone.
Like many businesses, SES has had to quickly adapt to the restrictions of the Coronavirus pandemic. Simultaneously, the team has a huge responsibility to serve their members; social enterprises that have encountered financial and logistical barriers to their work, but that are dedicated to serving their beneficiaries throughout the crisis.
Prior to the pandemic, SES had established an interactive platform for its members (powered by VeryConnect) so the transition for the team, and members, to the current digital-first landscape, was an easy one. The team quickly offered virtual support for members and within a month of lockdown published this report highlighting the effects of Covid-19 on the sector. The team are ensuring they make regular contact with their members, identifying articulated needs and communicating with Scottish Government on a regular basis to highlight these. SES is involved in a Third Sector Data Research project interrogating live data to ensure they provide the right support for the sector.
More information about SES can be found here.”
Now more than ever, SES has a responsibility to serve and communicate with its members seamlessly. There is a current need for a fresh approach for internal and external marketing and communications at SES, whilst amplifying the incredible work of the social enterprises in its membership.
Working with the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
Marketing & PR
• Developing a Marketing & PR plan to highlight the current work of SES and their members
• Identifying and capitalising on media opportunities and partnerships
• Developing relationships with journalists across target media to ensure maximum positive exposure
• Supporting copywriting
• Develop social media and digital plan for driving engagement
• Support with brand guidelines, standards and tone of the organisation
• Track, evaluate and report regularly on social media interactions;
• Monitor trends in social, digital and mobile media, suggesting and implementing any that would positively impact the business
• Signpost members to relevant webinars and funding opportunities
• Attract potential members from the Third Sector in Scotland
• Support SES members with their storytelling and articulated needs’
• Work with other Public and Third Sector organisations to share resources and comms
• Work with the SES team to drive brand values and messaging at all points of internal and external communications
You will suit this role if you love shaping change in a growing, purpose-driven organisation. You’ll be organised in your approach to gathering and disseminating information, and able to take the initiative but have the judgement to ask questions when necessary. You’ll also be able to demonstrate the following:
• Exceptional level of verbal and written English
• Firm knowledge of digital marketing methodology
• Ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of what the organisation does
• Experience in shaping organisational marketing/sales strategy
• Able to work independently and to a project timescale
• Empathy and emotional intelligence galore
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 6 July 2020, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI Employability online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.
Do not delay as Interviews will commence as soon as suitable notes of interest are received.
Suitable candidates will be invited to a Zoom call to discuss the role and the work of the Social Enterprise Scotland in more detail.
Please feel welcome to share this with anyone who might be interested!APPLY