The Edinburgh Address is a short term booking and management agency, specialising in high end, hand-picked apartments in Edinburgh. They take bookings on behalf of private owners and their portfolio of properties are all privately owned.
£7.50 per hour. Full-time until 29 May
The Edinburgh Address are looking for Office & Guest Relations Support Intern to provide support to a team of 2. This is a varied post working within a busy and at times demanding office and service industry environment, and would suit someone who is flexible, enthusiastic and has a can-do attitude.
As it is a small business there is the opportunity for the ‘right candidate’ to get varied experience within the business should they show initiative and enthusiasm.
Due to a recent reorganisation, the business will be recruiting for marketing/business development candidate in May 2015 so this may be a good opportunity to get a foot in the door…..
Support with Guest Relations
- Daily processing of new bookings from start to finish from all possible agents
- Taken manual payments over the phone.
- Answering daily enquiries and manning office telephone
- Answer any queries from existing guests promptly
- Set keysafes and assign codes for these where applicable
- Liaising with existing owners to ensure properties are okay, adding owner bookings, answering questions about monthly statements (with support from colleagues)
- Update voicemail greetings and out of office messages as required
- Setting e-reception to the designated on call and enquiries personnel for evenings and weekends
- Inputting invoices to Xero, reconciling and filing
- Opening office mail and directing to relevant person
- Keep existing filing system up to date for office related material and individual flats
- Monitory stock levels of office supplies
- Send out weekly update of arrivals and assigned ‘meeters’ and cleaning status for week ahead
- Create meeting agendas and take minutes when required
- Carrying out post-departure checks of properties if necessary.
- Arranging maintenance for properties with assistance from collegues
- Communicate with cleaning team to ensure flats are ready for arrivals and any last minute bookings or linen changes are known
- Management of all marketing channel availability calendars
- Assisting the team to ensuring information and marketing materials in apartments up to date
- Updating and scheduling social media posts across all platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram)
- Contributing to company blog as often as possible
- Updating company website regularly with property information, rate adjustments, discounts, extras etc
- Send final emails (or calls) to guests after departure to gather feedback and Tripadvisor reviews, add to website and social media accordingly, action any negative feedback
Training will be given for individual jobs but it is expected that the candidate has a professional telephone manner and can take messages or assist clients or guests over the phone.
The ideal intern will must be/have:
• Reliable, efficient and punctual
• Friendly and a team player
• Confident as will be left in the office on own at times or meeting clients/customers independently
• Experience with Excel, Microsoft word essential
• Office experience desirable
• Experience with the public essential
• Experience working within a 4 or 5 star hotel or tourist destination preferred
• Able to demonstrate good general knowledge of Edinburgh as our guests often ask for directions or where to eat etc.
• Able to demonstrate flexibility and not be ‘put off’ if needed to postpone a job to help with a more urgent task.
The successful candidate must also be available to do meet and greets at the apartments at the weekend and evenings (as required).
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 24 March 2015, 5pm
Interviews take place between 11.30-16.00 on 31 March or 1 or 2 April.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.