1. Compliance duties: carry out procedures to ensure money laundering legislation compliance; produce letters of engagement and ensure every client receives one; carry out conflict of interest procedure.
2. File management: Checking and investigating cash balances on client account; e-filing documents to case plan and file closure, ensuring zero balance and instructing finance team to close matter and case plan; delegate despatch and retrieval of files from Iron Mountain to GA.
3. Diary and meeting management: Day-to-day management of electronic Outlook calendars, scheduling meetings, accepting and declining incoming meeting requests as appropriate, ensuring there are no diary conflicts and making sure the fee earner knows at all times where he / she is supposed to be; assist with meeting preparation – ensuring your fee earners have the necessary paperwork; client details; presentation materials etc.
4. Documents: Liaising with appropriate people to ensure that scanning, copying or collation of complex and/or volume documents is done.
5. Client support: Screening calls appropriately, taking messages and dealing with enquiries that do not require to be passed on; play an active role in client service and act as a confident, reliable and positive point of contact for clients and colleagues.
6. Event management: The organisation of hospitality events including scheduling diaries, booking rooms, organising catering, producing materials and, if required, meeting and greeting attendees at the start of the event etc., liaising with the marketing team, Client Suite team and Central Services team as appropriate.
7. Marketing: The production of team specific marketing literature, in conjunction with marketing team; Maintenance of partners / fee earners Outlook contacts; assisting the marketing team with client details for event invites; support marketing team with creation of e newsletters, blogs, website, intranet, marketing materials.
8. Training admin: Organise team knowledge sessions, preparing and circulating any training materials; organising in house and client CPD events complying with Law Society requirements; booking fee earners on external events and handling invoices etc.
9. Admin support specific to the practice area.
- Excellent planning and organising skills;
- Able to prioritise work and sequence work appropriately to meet deadlines;
- Ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision using own initiative;
- Experience of delegating and supervising the work of others is desirable.
- Accurate typing skills, excellent proof-reading skills and critical attention to detail;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel (training can be provided where required).
- You have excellent communication skills: articulate and able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- You enjoy working within a team and autonomously on your own initiative.
- You are personable and good at building and developing relationships with colleagues and clients.
- You are confident and you have a strong belief in yourself and your own ability.
- You are committed to providing a good client experience and willing to put in extra time and effort when required.