Pinsent Masons is a global law firm, with 18 offices worldwide and cover sectors such as Financial Services, Energy & Natural Resources, and Advanced Manufacturing & Technology Services.
£6.50 per hour. Full-time, initially for 3 months
Ideal start: April 2015
Pinsent Masons are looking for a Research Assistant for their Edinburgh location, to carry out following tasks:
• Monitoring of the Scottish Parliament, the Scottish Government, Scottish political parties and other relevant websites for clients, and internally for lawyers.
• Assisting in the preparation of customised reports for clients, ranging from daily alerts, to weekly and monthly reports.
• Listening and reporting on relevant parliamentary and committee meetings for clients.
• Researching government and political policy.
• Liaising with parliamentarians and civil servants.
• When required, doing further research work for clients or colleagues.
• Research for business development, including contacts for political mail outs.
The ideal graduate will have a background or interest in working in public policy, politics and/or government. Experience of working in parliament or government would be an advantage but not essential. You will be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications. You will have experience of conducting research to a high standard, and the ability to work to deadlines.
Closing date for applications is 21 April 2015, 5pm.
Interviews will be held 23 or 24 April 2015. Please state your availability for interview in your covering letter
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.