£9.00 per hour
Project-based work, part-time role (potential for permanent position for the right candidate)
Closing date: 3 February 2020
About the Company
Custom Flavour is a fast-growing start-up video production company with a diverse clientele including Startup Grind Edinburgh/Glasgow and also businesses from the beauty, tattoo, and food industries.
Custom Flavour tells stories about your life and your business using short video form. No matter what you do for a living and how boring you think it is, you can become the hero and tell your customer about your story.
We add a unique flavour to your story, keeping it fresh and interesting. Together, we can cook up something amazing. Something special.
The main focus of this post will be to provide assistance and support to the Senior Videographer where you will gain meaningful practical experience with an established freelancer and diverse clients. This is a rare opportunity to work with a growing brand entrepreneur, building on your videography experience through learning about business development, emotional intelligence, client expectations and the tricks of the trade.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Shadowing senior videographer on client shoots
• Assisting with set-up, shots, client interaction
• Assisting on video and photoshoots
• Filming and Logging footage
• Assistance in researching and planning shoots
Custom Flavour can provide video equipment and a laptop for editing if required.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a creative, entrepreneurial organisation at an exciting stage of growth. You will have the opportunity to grow your skills and network with the company and there is tremendous potential for professional progression for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will have a NQ or HNC/HND qualification related to Video & Digital Media and/or demonstrable experience within this field. The ideal person will be a passionate creative looking for practical experience and client-facing work.
• Strong Interest in Video Content Creation
• Knowledge and experience of using camera equipment
• Excellent communication skills
• Confident and friendly personality to interact with clients and make them feel comfortable
• Willingness to share creative ideas with the team
Editing skills are not essential for this role and training can be provided if deemed necessary on the job. Custom Flavour welcome any transferable skills you’ve gained through university/college/part-time work and would encourage you to detail these in your cover letter.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 3 February 2020, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held as soon as excellent candidates apply.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter through the AAI EmployAbility online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE. In your cover letter please:
- Describe why you love video content and creativity and what this opportunity would mean to you.
- Provide a link to any online portfolio or of previous projects.
- Provide a 60-sec video of yourself speaking about the opportunity. This is optional. It doesn't have to be fancy/edited.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.APPLY